Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reverse Video Reference of Walking

Spent way too many hours trying to perfect timing and movement on this assignment. But turned out pretty well in my opinion :) I also slightly altered the hue/texture of the clips to convey a similar feeling of an animation sequence.

First of all my main goal was to mimic what was portrayed in each video as closely as I can. But in order to do that I had to figure out the distance required for each shot, pay attention to the particular details that may be easily overlooked, and also the timing. For the most part I tried to prioritize the style of the animation but also needed to understand the limitations I had especially in Clip A since I was by myself which would be quite difficult unless I have the capability of defying the laws of gravity (principles behind center of gravity.) In Clip B I had the aid of my housemate who I appreciate the help. And in Clip C my housemate ended up passing out so I had to do some improvising in post (editing) to compensate for the loss of camera movement.

Clip A:



                           


Clip B:



                           


Clip C:



                           

1 comment:

  1. Clip A (Child): 7 of 7 points
    Clip B (Person): 6 of 7 points
    Clip C (Ape/Robot): 6 of 7 points
    Total score: 19 out of 21 points

    ReplyDelete