Intro - Laws of physics are dynamically broken to attain a more amusing result in today’s gaming and cinema. The law of gravity is one rule in which is typically disregarded or broken.
• Shaolin Soccer: The soccer players relentlessly defy the laws of gravity with their different super abilities that allows them to jump really high or soar through the sky for long periods of time.
• Naruto: For the sake of having uninterrupted conversation, at times
characters soar through the sky for long periods of time between jump intervals.
• Super Smash Brothers Melee- Players have the choice of having their character fall faster at whim.
A) Shaolin Soccer, a Stephen Chow film, utilizes exaggerated jumps and ball kicks to aid in the story:
• A soccer ball spends a long period of time in the sky after being kicked by Mighty Steel Leg Fing.
• Light Weight Brother has the ability to practically drift in the air at will.
B) In the anime, Naruto, ninjas can hover in the air for long periods of time. They are utilized typically in scenes where there is a dramatic conversation or fighting.
• Naruto, the central character, and his team experiences hang times of over 5-10 seconds when jumping from tree to tree during scenes with dialogue.
• When Naruto transform into Ultimate frog form, he is virtually capable of staying in the air during the entire battle against his arch nemesis, Pain.
C) In the video game Super Smash Brothers by Nintendo, the characters have the capability to alter their falling patterns depending on where the player wants them to move; for the sake of game play and control.
• When fighting in an arena, the players can double jump and control the direction of movement of a character while in the air for the sake of avoiding their foe’s next attack.
• In the F-Zero Stage, the characters can jump from air ship to airship without any resistance even though these vehicles are moving at super fast speeds.
• In order to progress the storyline, laws of gravity will be broken to give a sense of story development/personal fulfillment.
• Even though there is a sense of unrealism, it helps make the narrative or story convincing and absolute.
• Restate Thesis