Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lighting a Scene in Maya

I actually did it! And remodeled my original initials from the previous assignment (rounded edges and added texture/color so it is much more aesthetically pleasing and geometrically accurate.

The design of my initials didn't take as much time as the lighting though. Spent a whole day/night trying to perfect the single point/two point/three point while maintaining similar camera angles as well as accurate lighting techniques and transition into each new setup.

I am a film major and have had prior experience in Grip & Electric so I understand the concept of lighting pretty well (though I know I will always have room to learn more). I did not have previous experience in Maya but learned through tutorials and the tips of others. So I managed to complete my project and am quite satisfied overall.

Thank you again for another opportunity for new experiences.

ONE-POINT LIGHTING:



TWO-POINT LIGHTING:



THREE-POINT LIGHTING:

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done. One advantage of taking classes outside of your core major is the opportunity to try new things. Not everyone appreciates or takes advantage of that opportunity but I'm glad to see that you've broadened your horizons.
    Correctness: 15 of 15 points
    Creativity: 5 of 5 points
    Total score: 20 points

    ReplyDelete